The Flute Society of South Australia Inc. was founded in July, 1972 at the instigation of the late Prof. David Cubbin. Its members represent a wide cross-section of the community – teachers, students, amateur flautists, professional musicians and people from all walks of life, all sharing the same interest – playing, talking about and listening to the flute.
Click to download/view the following form. The form is in an Adobe Acrobat PDF (portable document format) file.
If you wish to join The Flute Society of SA, please feel free to print out the membership form, fill in the details and post to the secretary at the address given on the form. New members are most welcome!
- Opportunities for playing and performing, including Flute Fun Days, Masterclasses, Workshops, Recitals and Concerts.
- Performances and lectures by visiting and local artists.
- Free or reduced admission to Flute Society concerts and events.
- Receiving each year four issues of South Australian Flute News with information about flute related news, events and articles.
- Discounts at local music stores.
- Access to the Resource Library which contains magazines, books, music and cassettes.
- Participating in the Flute Sections in the annual City of Adelaide Eisteddfod.
- Annual events including the Carolyn White Memorial Scholarship for young flautists aged 15 years and under.
- The David Cubbin Memorial Prize for flautists aged 16 to 30 years is held every other year.
- The chance to contribute to the Flute Society’s Scholarship Fund, and assist our younger members with costs of tuition, music or new instruments.
- Receiving periodically a list of Flute Teachers in South Australia.
- Security, the Flute Society keeps a list of makes and serial numbers of members’ flutes in case of loss or theft.
- Adult $45
- Student, Pensioner, Unemployed $30
- Associate, Country $30
- Life Membership $675
A warm welcome is extended to all flute players and those people who are interested in the flute!